Rehovot, Israel, May 22 – Objet Ltd., the innovation leader in 3D printing for rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing, has today launched the new Objet30 Pro – the most versatile professional in-house desktop 3D printer available on the market. Unveiled at RAPID, the new desktop 3D printer offers 7 different materials, including, for the first time on a desktop system, clear transparent material and high temperature resistant material.
The Objet30 Pro is positioned as the ultimate rapid prototyping solution for designers and engineers, ranging from industries such as consumer goods and consumer electronics to medical devices and design consultancies.
The Objet30 Pro takes its place as the new top-of-the-line addition to Objet’s existing desktop 3D printer line which starts at $19,900*. With a small footprint, professional 28 micron print quality and wide ranging material versatility, the Objet30 Pro produces high quality prototypes with a choice of 7 different materials and functional properties, offering designers and engineers a world of possibilities:
- Objet clear transparent material (Objet VeroClear) for simulating PMMA/glass;
- Objet High temperature material for heat-resistant static functional testing;
- Objet polypropylene-like material (Objet DurusWhite) for simulating snap-fit parts; and
- Four rigid, opaque materials for standard plastic simulation (Objet Vero Family in black, white, gray, and blue).
“Having the correct tools and resources to advance our product development is critical for our organization,” said Gregory Janice, Engineering Manager at Princeton Tec. “The Objet30 Pro’s ability to print parts made with a clear transparent material on a desktop 3D printer combined with its ease of use and versatility made the Objet30 Pro a sound investment for our team.”
Collcap Packaging Ltd., an Objet customer creating innovative cosmetic, perfumery and personal care packaging, has also been testing the new Objet30 Pro desktop 3D printer. Adam Smith, Technical Manager at Collcap, comments, “We knew a desktop machine would meet our capacity requirements quite happily, but for the packaging work we do, we really wanted the range of materials that has previously only been available with bigger machines. The clear transparent material for instance is ideal for prototyping our bespoke fragrance bottles and other glass or clear plastic products, whilst the range of colored rigid materials work perfectly for simulating plastic bottles, caps and fittings. The excellent surface finish and detail provided by the Objet30 Pro are also crucial so that our eye-catching designs look and feel as they’re supposed to when we present them to our customers for approval”
“The Objet30 Pro is the next evolution in desktop 3D printers developed specifically for professional users”, said David Reis, CEO of Objet. “This desktop 3D printer provides outstanding print quality with a choice of seven materials that until now could only be found in much larger, high-end 3D printers. The Objet30 Pro is the perfect combination of professional, versatile in-house 3D printing at an attractive price point,” concluded Reis.
The Objet30 Pro will be on display at RAPID 2012 Conference and Exposition, Atlanta Georgia until May 25th.
Objet30 Pro Desktop 3D Printer – Additional Information for Media
Objet30 Pro Desktop 3D Printer
- The ultimate prototyping solution for designers and engineers
- Ideal for consumer goods, consumer electronics, medical devices and design consultancies
- Combines the accuracy and versatility of a high-end Rapid Prototyping machine with a small footprint
- 7 different materials; the world’s only desktop 3D printer with clear transparent, high temperature, four rigid opaque and polypropylene-like materials.
- Reliable, robust and easy to use
- Based on Objet’s advanced inkjet 3D printing technology, the Objet30 Pro Desktop 3D Printer offers an office-friendly design, with quiet operation and REACH-compliant material cartridges for convenient replacement.
- The Objet30 Pro desktop system features a spacious build tray size of 300 x 200 x 150mm – suitable for printing various-sized and shaped models or multiple models on the same build tray at the same time.
- The expanded material capabilities of the Objet30 Pro are available as an upgrade for existing Objet30 or Objet Alaris30 desktop 3D printer customers.
*Price for US. International pricing may vary. Price excludes VAT, taxes, duties, options, shipping and installation.
Resources for media
Video: Making of Objet 30 Pro Movie